Hello, my name is Anna. This blog is about all the beautiful islands around the world.

15 honshu

This postcard has travelled all the way from the biggest island of Japan - Honshu. It was sent by Mitsuyo, who lives near Osaka, in Habikino City, which "has about 120,000 people and compared to Osaka City (3,000,000 people) is comfortable to live in". Mitsuyo recommends also cities of Kyoto and Nara, that "have a lot of world heritage sites and therefore many foreigners visit both of them".

This time the postcard doesn't show any view of the island - but a picture from the wonderful movie "My Neighbour Totoro", created by Hayao Miyazaki at Studio Ghibli. This card really made me smile, since I just love Totoro. :)

honshu

country
Japan
inhabitants
over 103,000,000
biggest town
Tokio
postcard sent
postcard received
distance travelled
~8940km
sent from
Fujiidera

source: Ayrcan
source: jpellgen

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers

My big dream is to receive postcards sent from every island in the world (at least those that have a postbox). If you would like to help me, please contact me at letters.from.islands@gmail.com.

Follow on Facebook. Follow on bloglovin’. Follow on blogger. Follow on flickr. Posts feed.