Hello, my name is Anna. This blog is about all the beautiful islands around the world.

14 grand bahama


When I opened my mailbox today, I was really happy to find four new postcards from island :)! One of them was this great map showing the Bahamas islands.

This first postcard in my 'Bahamas collection' came from Freeport on Grand Bahama island. It is the island that is closest to USA, located only 90km from Florida.

You can also see the flag of Bahamas, which constists of "black, a strong colour,that represents the vigour and force of a united people; the triangle pointing represents the enterprise and determination of the Bahamian people to develop and process the rich resources of land and sea, symbolised by gold and aquamarine, respectively."
Thank you Rouén for sending this card!

What to do on Grand Bahama?
Have a look here for some ideas.

grand bahama

location
in the Atlantic Ocean
inhabitants
over 51,756
biggest town
Freeport
postcard sent
postcard received
distance travelled
~8425km
sent from
Freeport



source: Christine
source: Jon Worth

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers

My big dream is to receive postcards sent from every island in the world (at least those that have a postbox). If you would like to help me, please contact me at letters.from.islands@gmail.com.

Follow on Facebook. Follow on bloglovin’. Follow on blogger. Follow on flickr. Posts feed.