Hello, my name is Anna. This blog is about all the beautiful islands around the world.

03 Rügen

The third postcard that I've found in my mailbox is from the German island Rügen, and was sent by Nancy - thank you so much :)!

It is Germany's biggest island and a popular holiday destination. It has a beautiful nature (as we can see on the postcard); especially worth visiting is Jasmund National Park, with the famous chalk cliffs ("Die Kreidekuste") including the interesting Königsstuhl cliff (King's Chair).

RÜGEN

country
Germany
location
in the Baltic Sea
inhabitants
about 77,000
main city
Bergen
area
926.4 km2
postcard sent
postcard received
distance travelled
~864km
sent from
Bergen auf Rügen

You can read more about the island here,
and here you can find an interesting blog post
about a visit to Rügen


source: Pauline Harmsen
source: Jim Skreech

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers

My big dream is to receive postcards sent from every island in the world (at least those that have a postbox). If you would like to help me, please contact me at letters.from.islands@gmail.com.

Follow on Facebook. Follow on bloglovin’. Follow on blogger. Follow on flickr. Posts feed.