Hello, my name is Anna. This blog is about all the beautiful islands around the world.

170 väderöarna (weather islands)

Hello! This time I come back not with one island, but a whole archipelago!

Väderöarna (which means Weather islands in Swedish) is an archipelago of 365 small hilly islands and rocks, in the west of Sweden, a 30 minutes boat ride from picturesque Fjällbacka. Vaderoarna.com calls them "The last outpost. A place far from the everyday noise. No stress, no must-dos, no hullabaloo. Way off the beaten track." Sounds perfect to me! They are sometimes even called "the most beautiful archipelago in the world", and indeed the islands look very charming with all the tiny red houses and the beautiful nature around them.

My friend Natalia sent me this beautiful map card from her trip to Sweden in 2016. You can read more (in Polish) and see more pictures from this region on her blog here.

map source: vaderoarna.com

Väderöarna

country
Sweden
location
in Skagerrak near the North Sea
postcard sent
distance travelled
~895km

source: sigfridlundberg
source: rennasverden

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers

My big dream is to receive postcards sent from every island in the world (at least those that have a postbox). If you would like to help me, please contact me at letters.from.islands@gmail.com.

Follow on Facebook. Follow on bloglovin’. Follow on blogger. Follow on flickr. Posts feed.