Hello, my name is Anna. This blog is about all the beautiful islands around the world.

17 värmdö

This postcard is quite surprising - it was sent from the biggest island in Stockholm archipelago, yet it does not show any typical 'big city view'.

Värmdö island is close to the Stockholm's centre, connected with the city by a bridge. I stayed there for a few days this summer with my friends - who now were so kind to send me this postcard :) While exploring the island, they came accross a farm where you can buy local products, sit by a lake, breath in some fresh air, and even see some animals, just like those goats in the picture.

The island is perfect for escaping the city a bit (but not too far). And if you want something more than nature, you can also visit an art gallery there - Artipelag.

värmdö

country
Sweden
location
in the Stockholm Archipelago
inhabitants
~40,000 in Värmdö municipality
postcard sent
postcard received
distance travelled
~1314km

source: me
source: Benjamin Horn

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers

My big dream is to receive postcards sent from every island in the world (at least those that have a postbox). If you would like to help me, please contact me at letters.from.islands@gmail.com.

Follow on Facebook. Follow on bloglovin’. Follow on blogger. Follow on flickr. Posts feed.