Hello, my name is Anna. This blog is about all the beautiful islands around the world.

175 Fanø

This is another card that I've sent myself, and it's actually from one of my absolute favourite islands.

Located off the coast of southwestern Denmark, Fanø is a part of Wadden Sea National Park. The first things that welcome you to the islands are charming houses of Nordby village and ... seals, sitting on a sandbank just by the port.

One of Fanø's main attractions is its large beach with beautiful dunes, and because the island is quite windy it has also perfect condition for kite flying - each summer Fanø hosts an international kite flying competition, where you can see hundreds of huge colourful kites flying above the beach.

It is also a great place for bird spotting, and during low tide, you can also walk far into the sea to look at seals, or in the colder months - to pick up oysters. *But it's not only nature! There are many museums and traditional architecture, especially in the village of Sønderho (that is like a maze of colourful old houses). If you're ever in Denmark, I highly recommend visiting Fanø!

Fanø

country
Denmark
location
in the North Sea
inhabitants
over 3,400
biggest town
Nordby
postcard sent
distance travelled
~556km
sent from
Fanø

source: anna m.
source: anna m.

1 comments

  1. Hello, Anna!
    Just a note to say that I am happy that you are back here. I really enjoy your posts.
    I'm travelling less right now, but I will keep Every Island in my mind if I visit an island... :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

My big dream is to receive postcards sent from every island in the world (at least those that have a postbox). If you would like to help me, please contact me at letters.from.islands@gmail.com.

Follow on Facebook. Follow on bloglovin’. Follow on blogger. Follow on flickr. Posts feed.