Hello, my name is Anna. This blog is about all the beautiful islands around the world.

172 murano island

A new postcard, this time from Italy!

Murano is a charming island located in the Venetian Lagoon, just a short ferry ride away from Venice. Famous for its centuries-old tradition of glassmaking, Murano has been a hub of unique craftsmanship and artistic skills since the 13th century. The island's narrow canals, picturesque bridges, and colorful houses create a unique and enchanting atmosphere, you can visit museums and galleries to learn more about the famous glass, and you can even have a peek into many of the glass workshops to witness the fascinating glass-blowing demonstrations.

I have sent this postcard myself, when I visited Venice and nearby islands this March. (I always send postcards to myself when I travel, not only to islands :)) (Unfortunately it doesn't have a cancellation from Murano, but instead it was stamped in Padova, which is a city on the mainland).

MURANO

country
Italy
location
1.5 km north of Venice
inhabitants
over 5000
postcard sent
distance travelled
~788km
sent from
Murano

source: Franganillo
source: Chris

0 comments

Post a Comment

Followers

My big dream is to receive postcards sent from every island in the world (at least those that have a postbox). If you would like to help me, please contact me at letters.from.islands@gmail.com.

Follow on Facebook. Follow on bloglovin’. Follow on blogger. Follow on flickr. Posts feed.