Hello, my name is Anna. This blog is about all the beautiful islands around the world.

what is an island?

Before I show you next island cards, I would like to share something I got in the mail today.

Do you remember when we talked about the island effect? Today Eva suprised me with another island related question, but this time in form of an amazing self–made pop–up card, a wonderful tiny paper island!

What is an island?

The usual answers are: “a piece of land surrounded by water” or “an area of land smaller than a continent”, but Eva gave us a much simpler, and much better answer,

it’s just “the place to be”.

Do you agree? What is your definition of an island? Or maybe we have some visitors who don’t like islands? :)

To see more examples of Eva’s beautiful mailart, be sure to visit her blog: Mail Adventures.


6 comments

  1. I am glad that you like it. It is my first pop-up card. I like the pictures you took.

    And I am going to publish it in the blog. Usually I don't publish things until they arrive, because I don't want to spoil the surprise, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A place where the bottom of the sea sticks up through the water.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

My big dream is to receive postcards sent from every island in the world (at least those that have a postbox). If you would like to help me, please contact me at letters.from.islands@gmail.com.

Follow on Facebook. Follow on bloglovin’. Follow on blogger. Follow on flickr. Posts feed.