This is a second card sent from Java. This time it shows a map of whole Indonesia and its national parks.
There are 50 national parks in Indonesia, 6 of them are World Heritage Sites, 7 are part of the World Network of Biosphere Reserves and 9 are marine parks. On the island of Java there are 12 different parks.Some of the most interesting ones are:
* Cenderawasih Bay National Park in Western Papua, home to giant clams, whaleshar and turtles
* Gunung Palung National Park in West Kalimantan, where several thousand wild orangutans have their home in the mountain forests
* Bukit Barisan Selatan National Park, famous for being a natural habitat for Sumatran tiger, sun bear, Sumatran rhinoceros, Asian elephant, Malayan tapir, black-handed gibbon, siamang, hawksbill turtle and many other species
* Alas Purwo National Park, with beautiful beaches, savannah, mangrove and lowland monsoon forests.
*Komodo National Park, where as the name says, you can spot the Komodo Dragons
* Baluran National Park on Java, unique park called Indonesia’s little bit of Africa’, home to such animals as sambar deer, muntjac deer, wild pigs and even leopards!
Read more about different Indonesian parks here.
- over 143 million
- biggest town
- postcard sent
- postcard received
- distance travelled
- sent from
- South Tangerang City